You want to know another great way to promote yourself and your freelance business?
Networking. And what better way to network than to attend events related to your industry?
There are two upcoming events scheduled in the next two months, both of which are quite exciting for both the tech and freelancing communities here in the Philippines.
I’m happy to announce that The Freelance Pinoy will be attending WordCamp Philippines 2012 on October 27, 2012 and the oDesk Contractors Appreciation Day on November 6, 2012.
WordCamp Philippines 2012
WordCamp Philippines is an informal gathering of WordPress enthusiasts all over the country. This year’s event will tackle various topics about blogging, social media, and using WordPress as a platform for both. It will also tackle blogging ethics, WordPress theme design, and a talk hosted by Mozilla Firefox.
This year, the organizers promise an exciting WordCamp Philippines after a year’s absence, featuring distinguished speakers and a variety of interesting topics touching on blogging, design and programming on the WordPress platform.
—WordCamp Philippines, http://central.wordcamp.org/wordcamps/philippines-2012/
If you plan to attend, you can take a look at the program as well as instructions on how to print out your e-ticket. I’ve got mine printed already and, if all goes well, I’ll be attending the following seminars:
- Track 1: WordPress and Social 09:00-10:00
- Track 2: SEO and WordPress 10:30-11:30
- Time: 07:30 AM onwards
- Location: Asian Institute of Management, 123 Paseo de Roxas Makati City 1260, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Official website: http://2012.philippines.wordcamp.org/
- Registration fee: P1,300 per head inclusive of access to the WordCamp PH website, entry to the WordCamp PH event, food, and a WordCamp Philippines 2012 T-shirt.
oDesk Contractors Appreciation Day
Now this is what the Pinoy oDesk community has been waiting for.
Last September 2011, oDesk came to the Philippines for its first ever Meet and Greet event. oDesk contractors from around the country came to network and to meet the people behind oDesk, including VP for Operations Matt Cooper.
This year, it’s Contractors Appreciation Day and oDesk is gathering everyone to Quezon City to come together once more.
I honestly thought I wouldn’t be attending since the invites are for the highest-earning contractors for the past 6 months, but luckily I got mine and will be attending with my partner-in-crime, Jayson. Also, expect to see stephaniechua, mtabocloan, and msayno to reunite for another afternoon of oDesk fun.
- Time: 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Location: Quezon City; specific location TBA
- Registration: Free; only those who received invitations will receive their e-ticket to the event.
Will you be attending any of the two events? Let me know in the comments!